- I used to be partially deaf
- as a result I have extremely sensitive hearing, can read lips, and do imitations
- my father is a Peruvian archaeologist, I spent a good chunk of my childhood in the hills of costa rica, and at digs and various sites.
- I have a British grandmother, and my grandfather was from South Africa
- I am related to various people, including James Dean and Jane Austen
- I am an advanced tap dancer, I have been tapping since I was 13
- I studied movement theatre and commedia dell’arte in Arezzo, Tuscany
- I attended Oxford this summer and traveled through England, Scotland and Ireland
- I have also been to Paris, Peru, and all over the United States of America
- I have been watching classic films since I was nine years old
- I wrote 130 page thesis on Charles Chaplin and the death of vaudeville
- I worked for the Tim Burton exhibit that recently went up at MoMA, including designing the power points
- as a result I have met Tim Burton, Helena Bonham Carter, Danny Elfman, among others
- I also had a moment with Johnny Depp
- I managed to crash a Hollywood party at the Russian Tea Room
- I am bisexual
- I love to cook, especially italian and french
- when I was little I loved to draw more than talk, I wanted to be a cartoonist
- I had a huge crush on Daffy Duck
- I love wearing men’s clothing, not as a butch thing, think of it more like Chanel - I was doing this long before it became a fad. this is because I secretly wish to be Fred Astaire.
- I am horrible at math, even though I think abstractly
- Thoreau, Edith Wharton, Jane Austen, and F Scott Fitzgerald and Alec Guinness are my favorite writers
- my favorite films are Life is Beautiful, Harvey, The Ladykillers (original) and Bringing Up Baby, anything and everything by Chaplin and Keaton
- John Gielgud helped get me my license
- I sang in the White House
- I have always related more to Mr. Darcy than Elizabeth
- I have written love letters, and have broken hearts
- my favorite tv show as a kid was Frasier
- I have been to the inaguration of the last three presidents
- if you lowered my voice ten octaves I would sound exactly like Alan Rickman. as a result, no matter what country I am in, people always think I am foreign.
Groucho Marx (via maiathebee)
meaning, rock hard abs, huge muscles, no fat whatsoever, a perfectly flat belly. just like I don’t think stick thin legs are that attractive, or seeing anyone’s ribcage.
I am not one of those people who supports obesity either.
I think normal average people, who are soft to touch, and warm - I will always be attracted to this. this might be why I have never been a fan of the “beefcake” photos of men with their shirts off. or why women in tiny bikinis on fitness magazines have never done it for me. just like I don’t really care for fake tans, or perfectly white teeth.
the most beautiful people are the flawed ones.
the best part is, even though there are areas that I would like to improve, I have never felt the pressure to look “perfect” or like an olympian. I find more pleasure in a long walk, and a delicious but healthy meal, than purging and pushing myself to the extreme.
it is a nice thing to learn.
This was my mom’s favorite quote.
for a long time I thought it was gone, for years actually. but no, that girl is still here. the girl who believes that love trumps all.
I mean like, all those people died right?
That’s so not cool. So I’m going to comment on every thanksgiving post with something super snarky. The Internet must know how hip and socially aware I am.
I am having an argument on facebook right now exactly like this. I would go into details, but one internet argument is enough.